wear / there / morocco

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

morocco-02morocco-01 pants | blouse | shoes | scarf | necklace | bag

I've decided to bring back the wear there posts! For those of you who are new around here... Wear There posts are when I pick a place I'd like to visit and then create an outfit of what I'd wear there! Check out the bottom of the post to see some of the past wear there's.

I have a neighbor, Julie, that I grew up with in Idaho, who also ended up being my neighbor in Hawaii for a short time who is in Morocco right now. Her and her husband joined the Peace Corps and will be in Morocco for over 2 years. It's been fun to read about their journey and see what life is like in another country. (Click here to read her blog about their time in Morocco!) Their adventures inspired this post... and while Morocco isn't at the top of my list I do think it would be a neat place to visit (maybe take a boat ride there from Spain?) I asked Julie how to dress in Morocco and what to expect if you visit. Here is what she said,

"There are certainly spoken and unspoken rules of modesty here in Morocco, which vary region by region. However, a good general rule to follow is cover your elbows, cover your bottom, and avoid showing your figure. This makes you and everyone around you more comfortable.
Morocco is nicknamed "the cold land with the hot sun," and nothing could be more accurate. In the winter, the weather is bone chilling. Without central heating in most buildings and houses, thermals, winter coats, and gloves can be worn at all times. In the summer, temperatures sky rocket above 100 degrees in many areas. This is when being modest is challenged."

Also, click over to Say Yes to Hoboken where I am talking about overalls today! Would you wear overalls? Did you wear them when you were a kid like I did?

Past Wear There Posts
Thailand | Switzerland | Ireland | Greece | New Zealand | Paris | San Francisco | Italy

3 comments:

  1. Love this one!! I love reading about her adventures, too. You should do a Wear There Ukraine. I am in need of major help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great idea! I will have to do some research. When do you leave?! So exciting!!!

      Delete
  2. Fuuuun! My hubs is from Australia and we're headed there at the end of the year for Christmas...loove to see an Aussie wear/there ; ) Such a cute idea girl :))

    ReplyDelete

The daily bucket All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger