A Hairy Situation

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

longandshortofit-01longandshortofit-02
one // two // three // four // zooey

A year ago I pinned this picture of Zooey Deschanel and her beautiful LONG hair. This was my goal. This was the look I was going for. Fastforward a year, turns out my hair grows SUPER slow and as of late it feels thinner than usual, more dry than usual and just slumpy (you've all had these hair periods right?). So then of course you think about chopping it off and a girl starts to wonder, maybe I shouldn't have long hair anyway. Maybe it isn't my "look" after all. Right now I am kind of into these shorter looks... like A LOT! Which is so ironic because if you have ever grown your hair out you know that this is the length that tries your patience, the awkward stage if you will. But maybe it wouldn't so awkward if it was on purpose. What do you think? Keep growing? or give it a chop?

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, those are SO cute!!! I like them so much, I think the next time I'm ready for a chop-off I'll have to use one of them! Funny that they are at the 'annoying' length. I like that you mentioned how if it was on purpose it probably wouldn't be so bad. I have to agree. Maybe the reason the annoying stage is so annoying is because the hair needs a planned cut and shape, rather than just 'growing it out'? Cute, cute. You're gorgeous though, so whether you keep it long or decide to have some fun with it, you'll look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love your hair the length it is now. I am trying to grow mine out, it's in the annoying stage. Nice to see there are some "annoying" styles we can use to help us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole, I totally agree with what you said about the annoying stage just needing a planned cut and shape, TOO TRUE! I've decided to keep it growing for now... we'll see how long that lasts. Liz..your hair is getting long! We are in this together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going for the Zooey look too! Then I chopped it! I love short hair for me though

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say, "Keep growing it!" I'm trying to grow mine too. It's a long process but I think it will be worth it. Plus, my sister said once "I wish my hair was as short as yours, said no one ever." I think long hair is unique because it takes patience to achieve it so it's more of an accomplishment, and beautiful (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh and i'm your newest follower (: love your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! How did you know that I am still debating on cutting my hair or not? I recently fell in love with my long hair again but I swear its almost a daily battle! And thank you for following!... It makes me want to start posting again :)

      Delete

The daily bucket All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger