Tutoring

Thursday, September 2, 2010

I have recently started another job where I tutor kids in a near by town.
I have two kindergarten students and one third grade student. I am learning so much by tutoring them every day. They make me laugh and smile and sometimes they frustrate me but overall I love them. They all have their own unique qualities. In Hawaii you call everyone your "auntie".... so I am now an auntie! Here are the kids:


This is Sanya. He just moved from Thailand. He is in the third grade but the only English he knows is hello, goodbye, thank you, how to count to ten and the abc's. Sanya is very smart, he likes me to make math worksheets for him. He loves math. Sanya also loves to play tic tac toe. We are working on his English but it is difficult when you can't communicate at all.

This is Joline. She is part Lao and part Chinese. She is a sweet girl that loves to color. We are working on her numbers and she gets better every day.
This is Finau. She is from Tonga. Finau is very smart and is reading words. Finau loves to jump rope and is constantly calling for me.... "Auntie!... Auntie! Can you help me?"
Here are the girls jumping their rope during break time.

1 comment:

  1. What? Sis i didn't know you were tutoring! Wow! You can do it all! Call me sometime..we need to catch up..i miss you sis. love you, peep out.

    ReplyDelete

The daily bucket All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger